Retrieve your quote
Enhanced Transit Liability
Enhanced Transit Liability (ETL) is an optional extended cover which you can take out, and allows you to cover your goods against loss or damage, for up to a maximum value of £1000.
Enhanced Transit Liability can be taken out on any of our Air Freight, Sea Freight and International Courier services. As part of our online booking process you will get the option of adding ETL to your order.
The price you pay to add ETL cover to your shipment depends on the value that you wish to insure the goods for. Please read the guidance below for further information on Enhanced Transit Liability.
- We offer free ETL cover on all Air Freight, Sea Freight and International Courier consignments for up to £50 in value as standard. This means that if your consignment is lost or damaged in transit, and if you would be happy to accept up to £50 replacement value then you do not need to take out any further Enhanced Transit Liability cover. This level of cover is free of charge and applies per consignment, not per box.
- ETL cover only covers the replacement value, and not the resale value of your goods. This is the cost to replace your goods and you will need to prove the replacement value of your goods if you wish to make a successful claim.
- There is a £5 minimum charge for ETL which covers your goods for their replacement value of up to £250. This means that if you declare the value of your goods to be anything between £50 to £250 the cost of the ETL will be £5.
- If your goods have a declared value of between £250 and £1000, the first £250 is charged at £5 and any excess on the declared value is charged at 2%. (Example Calculation: Level of cover required: £750. First £250 = £5. £500 excess at 2% = £10. Total charge = £15). Example prices have been included below.
- The maximum replacement value you can cover your goods for under ETL terms and conditions is £1000. To insure your goods for more than £1000 you will need to find an alternative Insurance Broker.
- Enhanced Transit Liability does not cover and will be invalidated if your consignment contains Restricted or Prohibited items.
- Enhanced Transit Liability does not cover any losses incurred by delay.
- All consignments must be proven to be sufficiently packaged in order to make a successful claim. See packaging information for further details.
- Please refer to our full Enhanced Transit Liability Terms and Conditions for further information.
Example Prices for Enhanced Transit Liability
The cost to add ETL to your order is calculated based on the replacement value that you declare your goods to be. You will need to be able to prove this value should you need to make a claim. Please see example prices listed below.
|DECLARED REPLACEMENT VALUE||CHARGE|
|£100||£5 (minimum charge)|
|£200||£5 (minimum charge)|