DPD is one of Europe's most reputable door-to-door courier companies, shipping millions of parcels across the UK and worldwide every year. The company is renowned for its commitment to green shipping and for its technological innovation: its Total Zero initiative has made it the first carbon neutral express carrier, while its 'Predict' service provides a one-hour delivery window for your customers in advance. Transglobal Express is pleased to offer the DPD Classic service at a great price.
Please see below for further details:
|Suitable for:||Information||UK||Europe||Rest of World|
||Reliable, road-based parcel delivery from Europe to the UK.||
Estimated Transit Time (UK) 2-6 working days depending on the country of origin. Country-specific transit times will be displayed on the quote screen during the booking process.
*You can access country-specific transit time estimates for DPD services by entering your collection and delivery countries here.
For European deliveries to the UK, DPD offers the Predict service. If the recipient's mobile number is provided when booking through Transglobal Express, DPD will text them to announce a one-hour delivery window (e.g. 10am-11am). They will also receive an email.
Not at home? You can change the delivery day, reroute the parcel to the nearest DPD Pickup shop, or arrange to have it left in a safe place or with a neighbour.
Size and Weight Restrictions
Restrictions may vary depending on the destination of your shipment. The following information is provided as a general guide:
- Maximum piece weight: 30kg
- Maximum length: 100cm
- Maximum size: 300cm girth*
Girth is calculated as follows: (sum of two smallest dimensions x 2) + longest dimension.
For example: for a parcel of dimensions 20 x 30 x 40cm:
(20 + 30) x 2 + 40 = 140cm
|Failed Collection||Administered if DPD attempts to collect your parcel and no-one is available to hand it over||£5|
|Northern Ireland||Applies if "UK (Mainland)" is selected when quoting for collection in Northern Ireland.||£10|
Please note that any surcharges on deliveries to EU countries are subject to VAT.
Prohibited & Restricted Items
- Personal effects are not permitted on this service.
- Liquids are not accepted on this service.
- Suitcases are not accepted on this service.
- Jewellery and watches are not accepted on DPD services.
- Items should be packaged in boxes only, not jiffy bags, bubble wrap on its own, etc.
- Our list of hazardous, prohibited and restricted items is available here, including those sent at owner's risk.
- For up to date information specific to DPD, please check their prohibited items page. Please note that prohibited items are subject to vary depending on your delivery destination.
If you’d like advice on whether or not your items can be sent, please contact our Customer Services team. Call 0345 145 1212, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop into live chat. We're available 8:00am-6:30pm Mon-Fri, 9:00am-1:00pm Sat.