Transglobal Express offers Enhanced Transit Liability Cover which protects your goods during shipment for up to a maximum value of £2000. If you are sending items of great value or importance to you, we strongly recommend that you take out additional insurance.
The information below outlines the terms and conditions of our Enhanced Transit Liability Cover policy. Please take care to read the policy in full.
Enhanced Transit Liabiliy Terms & Conditions
Our Enhanced Transit Liability Terms and Conditions cover the below points:
- What cover will my consignment have?
- How is the cost of my premium calculated?
- Are there any exclusions to Enhanced Transit Liability Cover?
- How do I make a claim?
1. What cover will my consignment have?
Our cover protects you against loss or damage of your consignment in transit, up to the maximum value declared in your policy, provided that you satisfy the conditions of making a claim.
In the event of partial loss or damage, the settlement figure will be calculated as a proportion of the total declared value.
Enhanced Transit Liability does not give cover for losses incurred by delay.
2. How is the cost of my premium calculated?
All consignments are covered free of charge for loss or damage for up to a maximum of £50 per consignment (not per box).
For consignments worth £50-250, the minimum premium of £5 applies.
The maximum value of cover we provide is £2000 per consignment.
For consignments worth £250-£2000, the premium is calculated at 2% of the declared value of your consignment.
|Declared Replacement Value
The declared value is not displayed on the air waybill and, where applicable, should not affect the declared value for customs.
3. What are the exclusions to Enhanced Transit Liability Cover?
Your cover will not be valid if you are sending any of the items on our list of hazardous, prohibited, or owner’s risk goods. “Owner’s Risk” goods are items that can be sent, but that we cannot cover against loss and/or damage.
Can be covered against loss, but cannot be covered against damage:
- Pottery and ceramics- including plaster and china, figurines and statuettes
- Glass- including any item containing glass
- LCD screens/ computer monitors
- Antiques - over 100 years old
- Original works of art
- Liquids - including alcohol
Cannot be covered against loss or damage:
- Data- whether on discs, tapes, memory cards or any other storage device
Please check this list to ensure that your items can be covered. If you are unsure of whether or not your goods will be covered, please contact us directly on 0845 145 1212 (Monday-Friday 9:00-5:30pm). It is your responsibility to ensure that your items can be covered.
4. How do I make a claim?
Claims can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling us on 0845 145 1212 (Monday-Friday 9-5:30pm) in the first instance.
- Claims must be made directly to Transglobal Express; any attempt to claim with the carrier directly will invalidate your claim with us.
- A claim can only be made by the person or company contracted with Transglobal Express, that is, the account holder, not the receiver.
- A claim for lost or damaged goods will be rejected if the items claimed for are missing from the original valued customs invoice or if the items claimed for are on our list of hazardous, prohibited, or owner’s risk goods.
For damaged goods
You must contact us to make a claim within 14 days of delivery, including the day of delivery. Both the damaged item(s) and packaging must be kept for inspection and not moved and the items must not be tampered with or repaired prior to inspection. In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A photograph of the damaged item(s) along with the packaging
- Evidence that your consignment was suitably packaged- please see our packaging guidelines for advice on what constitutes appropriate packaging. We advise you to take photographs of the packaging of your parcel before it is sent, but photographs from the receiver once the parcel has been delivered will also be considered.
- A copy of the delivery note signed "damaged" or "unchecked"? (Please note that we will reject any claim where the goods have been signed for "In Good Condition")
- Proof of value for the entire consignment(receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that this must be your cost price and not your sales price; only the replacement value or repair of the goods will be paid.
- A repair quote or invoice/receipt for replacement parts if applicable.
In the event of a full settlement for damaged goods, the goods become the property of Transglobal Express and we reserve the right to retrieve them.
For lost goods
A claim can only be undertaken once the Carrier has declared the goods to be "lost". You must contact us within 14 days of the carrier having declared the goods to be lost.
In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A copy of the air waybill or consignment note signed by the driver on collection of your goods
- Proof of value for the entire consignment (receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that this must be your cost price and not your sales price; only the replacement value or repair of the goods will be paid.
We aim to process all claims as quickly as possible. Once we have received all relevant documentation and evidence, we endeavour to make you an offer within 2-3 working days. Once the offer is accepted, we process payments via BACS within 5 working days.