In addition to UPS, DHL Express and TNT Express services, we also offer Transglobal Express branded services. For our TG International Express and TG International Economy services, you can choose either to deliver your consignment into our warehouse yourself, or to have it collected and delivered to us by TNT Express, before we forward it to its final destination via our carriers.
Our TG services are excellent value: the process of having your parcels delivered to our warehouse may add 1-2 days to your transit time but this is offset by the low-cost and excellent service received once your parcels are forwarded into the leading carriers’ networks.
Please see the table below for an at-a-glance comparison of the TG International services we offer:
**These transit times are provided as a guideline. You can access country-specific transit time estimates for TG International Express and Economy services here. Please add 1-2 days to these transit times to allow for the time taken to receive your parcel into our warehouse.
How it works...
When booking our TG services, you have the option of delivering your consignment into our warehouse yourself, or having it collected by TNT Express.
If you choose to deliver it into our warehouse:
Please address your parcel as follows:
Transglobal Express (Your TG Order Reference Number)
Unit 5, The Gateway
Wirral International Business Park
As soon as we receive it, we will process and forward your parcel to its final destination via our carriers.
If you choose collection via TNT Express:
Your TNT documentation will be emailed to your account address and also available for you to download in your ‘My Account’ area after you have made your booking.
- Print and securely attach the label to your parcel and give the collection manifest and consignment notes to the driver.
- If you are not able to print your documents, please get in touch and we will be happy to post hard copies to you.
- Please use the documentation provided by us to avoid any unwanted billing complications with TNT.
As soon as we receive your parcel, we will process and forward your parcel to its final destination via our carriers.
Your Customs Invoice
For all parcels sent to destinations outside of the European Union, our carriers require a customs invoice detailing the size, weight, contents and value of your goods for customs purposes.
- If you have your own customs invoice, please email it to email@example.com with ALTERNATIVE INVOICE followed by your TG Reference Number in the subject field. We will attach it to your parcel for you when we receive it.
- If you do not have your own customs invoice, we will generate one for you using the information you entered while booking your delivery..
Size and Weight Restrictions
TG International Economy and Express
- Maximum weight: 68 kg to most areas, 32kg without restriction
- Maximum size: 330cm girth*
TG International Economy and Express Freight
- Maximum weight: 1000 kg (palletised)
*Girth is calculated as follows: (sum of two smallest dimensions X 2) + longest dimension.
For example: for a parcel of dimensions 20 x 30 x 40cm:
(20 + 30) x 2 + 40 = 140cm
Your shipment will be charged by either actual weight or volumetric weight – whichever is greater.
Volumetric weight is a value derived from the size rather than the weight of your parcel and may apply if your parcel is particularly large and contains relatively light items.
TG International Express and TG Economy service calculates volumetric weight on import services from countries outside of the EU, by multiplying the three dimensions of your parcel together and dividing by 5000.
||50 x 30 x 20cm
||50 x 60 x 40cm
TG International Economy Freight and TG International Priority Freight calculate volumetric weight by multiplying the three dimensions of your parcel together and dividing by 6000. The above calculations would apply however the 'divisor' in the calculation would be 6000.
||Applied when either a collection or delivery address has to be amended
||£5.50 per consignment
Please note that any surcharges on deliveries to EU countries are subject to VAT.
- Our list of hazardous, prohibited and owner’s risk items is available here.
- For up to date information specific to UPS, please check their prohibited items page. Please note that prohibited items are subject to vary depending on your delivery destination.
- If you’d like advice on whether or not your items are prohibited, please contact our Customer Services team via Online Chat, email or telephone (0845 145 1212 9:00-5:30pm Mon-Fri).
Personal effects cannot be shipped via TG International Services to any of the following countries or destinations:
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- French Guiana
- New Zealand
- Slovak Republic
- Wallis and Futuna Islands