For used goods a pre-condition report is required. We strongly recommend uploading photographs to show the condition of the goods prior to collection.
The following goods cannot be insured by Barbican Protect:
- Private/non-commercial shipments
- Aircraft and helicopters
- Alcoholic beverages
- Ammunitions, arms and designated explosives
- Bulk car contracts
- Cargo shipped in bulk
- Cash, bullion, deeds, bonds, stamps, medals and coins
- Cigarettes, cigars and tobacco
- Classic cars or any vehicle over 15 years of age
- Computer chips, memory boards and similar high value components
- Fishmeal and fish catch
- Furs, hides and skins
- Designer clothing (bearing the logo of a recognisable fashion designer)
- Heavy duty vehicles
- Heavy-lift, oversized, over weight and out of gauge cargo
- iPads and tablet computers
- Jewellery, watches, precious stones and metals
- Laptops, notebooks and handheld computers
- Mobile phones and sim cards
- Mp3 and mp4 players
- Ocean towage risks
- Peanuts (groundnuts)
- Perishable goods
- Project cargoes
- Refined sugar
- Project cargoes
- Satellite cargo business up to launch
- Steels, coils, bars, beams, billets and similar goods shipped in bulk
- Temperature-controlled goods
- Works of art, sculptures, fine art and similar interests
Antiques are also excluded from cover for this policy (however, "special interest" spot rates are available - please contact us).
This list replaces the No Compensation list that applies for standard Transglobal Express insurance. However, our lists of Dangerous & Hazardous, Prohibited and Restricted items still apply, as per our carriers.
For other excluded classes of business and coverage, please download a copy of the Barbican Protect policy (PDF).
Goods cannot be insured for the following countries:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Haiti, India, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Moldova, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Palestinian Authority, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Guinea, Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe and any other country where their local legislation decrees insurance must be affected locally.