This new economical USPS service is designed for lightweight parcels bound for the USA. Parcels are consolidated at our London depot and flown over to the US, where they are delivered last-mile by USPS.
- Fantastic rates for light parcels up to 5kg / 11lb.
- Tracking is available once your parcel reaches the USA.
- Use our collection service or drop off at our London depot.
- Single collection cost (more than one shipment per box) for up to 30kg.
See the table below for an at-a-glance comparison of the USPS services we offer:
||This service is for very light items or documents, weighing up to 0.45kg (1lb) only.
||This service allows parcels weighing up to 5kg (11lb).
How It Works...
With our USPS service, parcels are shipped from our depot. You have the option of dropping your consignment off at our London depot, using one of our collection services, or choosing one of hundreds of DPD or UPS drop-off locations nationwide.
Please add 1 working day to your estimated transit time if booking either an optional collection or an alternative drop-off option, to allow for overnight delivery to our depot. For some postcodes in London, we are able to collect ourselves and ship from the depot same day.
Once your shipment has been delivered to our depot, we will process it and forward your parcel to its final destination via our carrier. Once it reaches the USA, it will be delivered last-mile by USPS.
Please refer to our documentation page for labelling instructions for each collection/drop-off option.
If you are not able to print any of your documents, please get in touch and we will be happy to post hard copies to you.
Tracking and Delivery Confirmation
You can track your parcel by entering your TP- order reference number into our tracking tool.
Final delivery will be confirmed via tracking, as in the screenshot below:
Please note: signature confirmation is not currently available for this service.
- This service is restricted to goods valued at a maximum of $800. This is the value of goods permitted into the USA tax and duty free. Please see US Customs and Border Protection for more information.
- This service is restricted to mainland USA only and excludes Alaska, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands - items sent to these destinations will be surcharged £30 per item. For parcels to these territories, we recommend that you use one of our UPS or DHL courier services instead.
Size and Weight Restrictions
Restrictions may vary depending on the destination of your shipment. The following information is provided as a general guide:
- Max length: 55cm
- Max height/width: 50cm
- Max length plus girth: 127cm
Girth plus length is calculated as follows: (sum of two smallest dimensions X 2) + longest dimension.
For example: for a parcel of dimensions 20 x 30 x 40cm:
(20 + 30) x 2 + 40 = 140cm
Your shipment will be charged by either actual weight or volumetric weight – whichever is greater.
Volumetric weight is a value derived from the size rather than the weight of your parcel and may apply if your parcel is particularly large and contains relatively light items.
For this service, we calculate volumetric weight by multiplying the three dimensions of your parcel together and dividing by 3000.
|Actual Parcel Weight
||30 x 20 x 18cm
|Remote Area Surcharge
||This service is for mainland USA only. A surcharge will apply if attempting to send to Alaska, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the US Virgin Islands.
||£30 per item
||For parcels above 1lb and greater than 1 cubic foot in volume. This will be applied based on either the volumetric weight or the actual weight (whichever is higher).
||£1.20 per lb
- Our list of hazardous, prohibited and owner’s risk items is available here.
- Please note that prohibited items are subject to vary depending on your delivery destination.
- If you’d like advice on whether or not your items are prohibited, please contact us via Live Chat, email [email protected], or phone 0345 145 1212 (8:00am-6:30pm Mon-Fri, 9:00am-1:00pm Sat).
Undeliverable shipments will be disposed of or returned at cost to the sender.