We will insure your consignment free of charge up to a value of £50 or 2SDR per kg*.
*SDR—special drawing rights—are the unit of account of the International Monetary Fund. The latest exchange rates for global currencies can be found here.
Insurance Terms & Conditions
Our insurance terms and conditions cover the below points:
- What cover will my consignment have?
- What items cannot be insured?
- How do I make a claim?
1. What cover will my consignment have?
Our cover protects you against loss or damage of your consignment in transit, up to the maximum value declared in your policy, provided that you satisfy the conditions of making a claim.
In the event of partial loss or damage, the settlement figure will be calculated as a proportion of the total declared value.
Our insurance does not give cover for losses incurred by delay.
Tip: Before sending your shipment, take photos of the shipment and its packaging. These photos can be used as evidence and speed up the claims process in the event of damage.
2. What items cannot be insured?
Your cover will not be valid if you are sending anything featured on our "Dangerous, Hazardous and Prohibited" list, or our "No Compensation" list (see below). No Compensation goods are items that can be sent but that we cannot cover against loss and/or damage.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your goods can be insured and shipped. Please contact our team if you are unsure. Call us on 0345 145 1212 (Monday-Friday 8am-6:30pm, Saturday 9am-1pm).
3. How do I make a claim?
Claims can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 0345 145 1212 (Monday-Friday 8am-6:30pm, Saturday 9am-1pm) in the first instance.
- Claims must be made directly to Transglobal Express. Any attempt to claim with the carrier directly will invalidate your claim with us.
- A claim can only be made by the person or company contracted with Transglobal Express; that is, the account holder, not the receiver.
- A claim for lost or damaged goods will be rejected if the items claimed for are missing from the original valued customs invoice or if the items claimed for are on our list of "Dangerous, Hazardous and Prohibited", or "No Compensation" items.
For damaged goods
You must contact us to make a claim within 14 days of delivery, including the day of delivery. Both the damaged item(s) and packaging must be kept for inspection and not moved and the items must not be tampered with or repaired prior to inspection. In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A photograph of the damaged item(s) along with the packaging.
- Evidence that your consignment was suitably packaged - please see our packaging guidelines for advice on what constitutes appropriate packaging. We advise you to take photographs of the packaging of your parcel before it is sent, but photographs from the receiver once the parcel has been delivered will also be considered.
- A copy of the delivery note signed "damaged" or "unchecked". (Please note that we will reject any claim where the goods have been signed for "In Good Condition".)
- Proof of value for the entire consignment (receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that this must represent the cost and not the sales (retail) price. Only the replacement value or repair cost of the goods will be paid.
- A quote for repairs or invoice/receipt for replacement parts, if applicable.
In the event of a full settlement for damaged goods, the goods become the property of Transglobal Express and we reserve the right to retrieve them.
For lost goods
A claim can only be undertaken once the Carrier has declared the goods to be "lost". All loss claims must be reported within 30 days of the delivery date (including day of delivery). We strongly advise that you contact us as soon as possible, and preferably within 7 days of the scheduled delivery date.
In order to pursue your claim, we will need the following:
- A copy of the air waybill or consignment note, signed by the driver on collection of your goods
- Proof of value for the entire consignment (receipt or purchase invoice). Please note that that this must represent the cost and not your sales (retail) price. Only the replacement value or repair cost of the goods will be paid.
We aim to process all claims as quickly as possible. Once we have received all relevant documentation and evidence, we endeavour to make you an offer within 2-3 working days. Once the offer is accepted, we process payments via BACS within 5 working days.