Installing our Magento plugin
Our plugin for Magento 2 is one of several API integration options we offer. Please see our general setup guide for your API key and plugin files.
Extract it to your chosen location on your server.
Install it to your Magento folder under [app > code] so that the file path reads [app > code > Transglobal > IntegrationModule].
Run the Magento command to check the plugin is detected: php bin/magento module:status
Run the Magento command to enable the plugin: php bin/magento module:enable Transglobal_IntegrationModule
This disable command can be run at any time to stop the plugin: php bin/magento module:disable Transglobal_IntegrationModule
Once installed, you will find our settings under: Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods.
- Enabled – If Yes, activates the Transglobal Express plugin and rates.
- Service Url – Choose Testing or Live.
- Handling Fee - Adds a mark-up to our rates that will be relayed to your customers at the quote stage.
- Allowed Methods - Sets which of our courier services you would like to make available to your customers.
- Sort Order - Set the order in which our rates are displayed in relation to other rates/plugins you are using. For example, if using a Sort Order of 1 for our plugin and a Sort Order of 2 for another, our rates will appear first in your list of service options. If both are set to the same priority, or if a Sort Order is not specified, your store will display the service options in order of cheapest to most expensive.
The shipping methods you choose to make available will appear to your customers like this:
The shipping price will then be added to their order total:
You can then view the order under Sales > Orders, selecting Actions from the dropdown menu...
...and click Create New Order to create a new shipment:
Remember to check Create Shipping Label at the bottom:
In the pop-up window, enter the weight and dimensions of your parcel:
Then assign your chosen products to the parcel, before saving:
You can track your shipments under Sales > Shipments:
Select the order by its number to view the tracking information. You can also print your shipping label here.