|Service||UK||Europe||Rest of world|
DHL Express Worldwide Premium express service by air to more than 220 destinations worldwide. Includes options for delivery by 10.30am and 12pm.
DHL Economy Select Highly economical road-based service to 30 European destinations.
DHL Domestic Express UK delivery by the end of the next working day. Includes options for delivery by 9am and 12pm.
Address Correction Administered if any part of the delivery address requires amendment.
|£9 per international shipment, £4.50 per domestic shipment|
DTP (Delivered Taxes Paid) Admin Fee Admin fee for billing customs duties to the shipper rather than the receiver.
|2% of fiscal charges with a minimum of £16|
*DHL Express Worldwide is an air service; DHL Economy Select and DHL Domestic Express are road services.
Please note that surcharges on domestic (UK) deliveries are subject to VAT.
- Fully trackable door-to-door delivery
- Express and economy options
- Saturday collections available
- Up to £50 free cover included
- Standard insurance available for up to £2,500
- Business insurance available for up to £250,000
Size & Weight Restrictions
- Max. weight (parcels): 70kg (please note)
DHL are often flexible as to maximum weight, but please be prepared to assist drivers with parcels weighing more than 31.5kg.
For the 9am service (or 10.30am to USA), the maximum weight is 30kg.
For multi-piece shipments, DHL calculates the actual weight or the volumetric weight of each parcel (whichever is greater) and then adds them all together, rather than calculating the total weight or volume of the whole consignment.
Restrictions may vary depending on the destination of your shipment. This information is provided as a general guide.
- Max. length: 120cm
- Max. width: 80cm
- Max. height: 80cm
- Max. pieces per shipment: 10 (time-definite shipments)
- Max. weight (palletised): 300kg (Express)
- Max. weight (palletised): 1,000kg (Economy)
- Max. pallet dimensions: 300 x 200 x 160cm
- Volumetric weight is calculated using 5000 as the divisor. How volumetric weight is calculated.
Prohibited & Restricted Items
- Please refer to DHL's list of prohibited and restricted items
- Refer to our prohibited items page for general restrictions when booking our services
- Guidance on sending jewellery and watches
- Restrictions may also apply by country - check
- For goods weighing between 30-70kg, a pallet or crate is recommended
- For goods over 70kg, a pallet or crate must be used
- See DHL packaging guidance
DHL Packaging Guidance
Lighter goods (weighing less than 30kg) can be boxed. Caution should be taken over structurally weak, long and narrow cardboard packaging (more than 120cm long), which you will need to reinforce.
Use double-walled boxes and ensure a distance of 6cm between the contents and walls of the box. Fill all void space using cushioning material.
When sealing, use pressure-sensitive tape of at least 28mm width. Use an H-taping method: tape both ends of the box as well as where the flaps close. Seal all edges and seams.
Apply your labels to the top face of your package. They must be applied to a single surface.
Pallets & Crates
For goods 30kg-70kg in weight, DHL recommends using a pallet or crate. If using a box, it must be capable of supporting the full weight of the goods. For goods heavier than 70kg, you must use a pallet or crate. Use quality hard wood for crates and brace them diagonally to increase strength. The wood must be heat or chemically treated prior to use.
Items on a pallet must be secured in place, with a level and even surface on top. Boxes should not overhang the pallet's edge.
DHL Express may not pick up goods that are improperly packed.
- Please also refer to our general packaging guidance
Saturday Collections & Deliveries
- More information
Saturday collections are available for DHL services in some areas. Where available, you will be given this option during booking.