Sea Freight Services
Sea freight is a cost-effective means of shipping large or bulky goods internationally. While air freight has experienced intermittent periods of stagnation since the economic downturn of 2008, sea freight has seen a gradual rise in volume as shippers seek to reduce costs wherever they can.
Sea freight services were revolutionised by the introduction of containerisation after the Second World War—loading ships with standardised containers allowed a greater volume of cargo per vessel and removed the need for warehousing. Today, the majority of sea cargo is transported in either TEU (twenty foot equivalent unit) or FEU (forty foot equivalent unit) containers.
With Transglobal Express, you have the option to book either an FCL (full container load) at one of those sizes, or an LCL (part container load) if you don't have enough cargo to fill a whole container at either of those sizes.
Ocean freight can be complicated, and the industry terminology can make it seem like a daunting option at first. It can also be difficult to get your head around what documentation is required. But at Transglobal Express, we can deal with all of this for you.
- We’ll help you with the documentation, including shipping labels, packing list (customs invoice), and bill of lading.
- Our quoted prices are inclusive of any additional charges up to the destination port.
- Our dedicated freight team are on hand to assist with any queries.
Free online price comparison
It's easy and free to get a quote.
- Compare sea freight service providers and their rates just by entering the weight and dimensions of your consignment.
- At the same time, view departure dates, vessels and routes.
- There’s no obligation to book.
Our port-to-port services operate from seaport to seaport.
- Drop off your goods at one of our receiving centres, where they will be processed and loaded onto container ships.
- Attach the necessary documentation to the consignment before dropping off your goods. Our customer services team are always happy to help.
If you require a direct collection service from an address of your choice, we can arrange this for you.
- Attach the necessary shipping documents before the consignment is collected.
- Your goods will be picked up by courier and transported to the chosen seaport depot.