Please find updates and service restrictions concerning shipping to Hong Kong below:
General Information for Hong Kong
Customs regulations apply for international destinations. Please refer to our Customs Information.
Hong Kong is a freeport so taxes and duties will usually not be applied. However, liquors, tobacco, hydrocarbon oil and methyl alcohol are all subject to tax and require a license for import.
Carrier Information for Hong Kong
DHL shipping information for Hong Kong
UPS shipping information for Hong Kong
TNT shipping information for Hong Kong
- No information currently available on shipping to Hong Kong with TNT
TG Express shipping information for Hong Kong
TG International shipping information for Hong Kong
TG Express Direct shipping information for Hong Kong
- A £25 restricted area surcharge applies for shipments to Discovery Bay and other outlying developments. Our carrier may contact the consignee to seek an alternative mainland delivery destination.
- A surcharge of £5.50 applies per redelivery attempt for failed deliveries.
- Although Hong Kong remains a duty-free port from the UK, import licenses will always be required for medicines, food supplements, radio equipment and electronic & computer equipment.
- Alcohol and tobacco imports are forbidden.
- For personal effects shipments to Hong Kong, Customs will require a full copy of the consignee's passport and a full inventory of contents. Should Customs request a physical examination of the contents of a personal effects shipment, a local Customs charge of HK$250 is applied.
- In certain exclusive gated residential developments in Hong Kong, the residents' Management Company may either restrict entry for courier delivery vehicles or charge a Gate Fee for entry. Our carrier may contact the consignee to seek an alternative delivery point but if they are unable to do so, the Gate Fee will be billed back to the shipper at cost.
- Visit customs.gov.hk for a full list of controlled and restricted items.
Please note: this is not a comprehensive list of restrictions and is provided for guidance only. Transglobal Express kindly encourages customers to seek advice from the relevant government authorities for further clarification and the most up to date advice.