Please find updates and service restrictions concerning shipping to Saudi Arabia below:
General Information for Saudi Arabia
The working week in Saudi Arabia is Sunday to Thursday.
Customs regulations apply for territories outside of the EU. Please refer to our Customs Information.
Saudi Arabia (SA) customs are enforcing new clearance requirements. Non document shipments require the receiver's ID number. The term ID will not necessarily be recognised In Saudi Arabia, the terms used are:
- Commercial Record number (CR) - (Businesses)
- National ID number or Resident ID for expats (Iqama) - (Private Individuals)
Failure to provide the above requirements may result in:
- Delayed customs clearance and delivery
- Confiscation of the shipment by SA customs authority
- Return at shipper's expense
From January 1st 2020, as part of the Saudi Arabia E-commerce Law, all online marketplaces and e-commerce platforms selling to customers in Saudi Arabia are required to announce duties, VAT and other destination charges.
- The cost of transportation from the origin country as per the agreed rate between the shipping provider (e.g. Transglobal Express) and the e-commerce platform
- High value shipments subject to Saudi Customs Duty and VAT
- High value shipments subject to Saudi government Smart System Fees (FASAH)
- All dutiable shipments subject to Saudi declaration form fees
- Low value shipments subject to VAT
- All shipments subject to disbursement fees at destination
- COD collection of Value of Goods
If any of these fees are not announced to customers in advance, online sellers are subject to permanent or temporary blocking of their website and/or a penalty exceeding SR 100,000 per violation.
Carrier Information for Saudi Arabia
DHL shipping information for Saudi Arabia
UPS shipping information for Saudi Arabia
TG Express shipping information for Saudi Arabia
TG International shipping information for Saudi Arabia
Please note: this is not a comprehensive list of restrictions and is provided for guidance only. Transglobal Express kindly encourages customers to seek advice from the relevant government authorities for further clarification and the most up to date advice.