Please find updates and service restrictions concerning shipping to Botswana below:
DHL expects delays due to South Africa lockdown impacting southern African countries.
General Information for Botswana
Customs regulations apply for territories outside of the EU. Please refer to our Customs Information.
For all non-document shipments, an original commercial invoice must be provided. We recommend customers complete their own Commercial Invoice rather than the Transglobal Express template and ensure the below information is clearly stated.
- Date that the shipment is shipped.
- Tracking number on package. If there is more than one package this should be the lead tracking number.
- Invoice number assigned by the shipper if applicable.
- Purchase order number assigned by the shipper if applicable.
- Terms of sale (Incoterm) that define the charges included in the total value on the invoice.
- Reason for export. For example, whether the goods are being sent for repair, is a sale, gift, etc.
- Shipper Federal Tax ID/VAT number.
- All shipper information including contact name, company name, address, city, state, postal code, country, telephone number and e-mail address.
- All consignee (receiver) information including contact name, company name, address, city, state, postal code, country, telephone number and e-mail address.
- All sold to information if different from the consignee information.
- Number of units – The quantity of merchandise. For example, if there were 15 shirts, the number of units would be 15.
- Unit of measure is whether the items are listed as each, bundle, roll, etc.
- Description of goods – a detail description of the commodity being shipped including the Harmonized Tariff number if known. An example of a complete description would be "men's 100% cotton woven shirts."
- Country of Origin - The country where the items were manufactured. If they were made in Italy but being shipped from the United States, the Country of Origin would be Italy not the United States.
- Unit value - The value of the items individually. For example: 15 shirts at £10.00 each.
- Total value - The value of all items combined. For example: 15 shirts at £10.00 each, the total value would be £150.00
- Invoice line total - The total value of all commodities.
- Items such as Gifts, free Samples, etc., where no purchase/sale is taking place, the value stated should at least equal the market value of the item. Do not use terms such as "Value for Customs Only" or "Customs Invoice" as this can indicate that there is another invoice or another value for the item and can cause clearance delays.
- Discount/Rebate - Any discount or rebate given by the shipper.
- Invoice sub-total - The total amount after any discount or rebate.
- Freight charges - Enter the cost to transport the shipment.
- Insurance - Enter the amount the shipper or receiver pays to cover the cost of replacing the shipment if it is lost or damaged.
- Other - For any other charges placed on the shipment by the shipper.
- Invoice total amount - The total after all discounts are taken off and all charges added up.
- Currency code - To indicate what currency the values are listed in. For example: GBP USD, CAD etc.
- Additional comments - If any made by the shipper.
- Declaration statement – This is needed on the invoice for commodities that require a license or license exception. We recommend you record the statement on your invoice for all shipments.
- Shipper signature/title and date.
- Total number of packages in the shipment.
- Total weight of the shipment (indicate LBS or KGS).
- The trade mark and the manufacturer of the products must be mentioned on the invoice.
Carrier Information for Botswana
DHL shipping information for Botswana
UPS shipping information for Botswana
TG Express shipping information for Botswana
Please note: this is not a comprehensive list of restrictions and is provided for guidance only. Transglobal Express kindly encourages customers to seek advice from the relevant government authorities for further clarification and the most up to date advice.